Japanese Sashimi style dish using our Silken Tofu and cucumber. Perfect as a side dish to go with some noodles, rice or even curry when you want a refreshing salad. In Japan it is very common to eat soft tofu straight out of the pack, here we make an Asian style dressing mixed with Italian extra virgin olive oil.Serves 2 – 4 (as a side)
preparation time - 15min
- 1 pack Clearspring Silken Tofu ( Refrigerate before use. )
- 1/2 Organic Cucumber
- 1 tbsp Clearspring Yaemon Tamari Soya Sauce
- 1 -2 tbsp Clearspring Organic Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Clearspring Authentic Japanese Pure Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Nori Sesame Sprinkle: Equal parts of Clearspring Japanese Green Nori Sprinkle, white & black toasted sesame seeds. (Grind in pestle and mortar or a blender) - See below for recipe.
Open the pack of tofu, hold the tofu in your hand to drain the water and place on a chopping board. Cut the tofu in to thin slices.
Peel the cucumber and cut it in half, then length ways and then to thin diagonal slices.
On a large serving plate or flat slate, arrange both the Tofu and cucumber in rows.
In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and the Nori sesame sprinkle.
Pour the dressing over both Tofu and cucumber and enjoy. Serve cold.
How to make Nori Sesame Sprinkle
Equal parts white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds and Green Nori Sprinkles.
Toast both sesame seeds on a medium–low heat until they are warm (around 3-5 min) just be careful not to let it burn, stir occasionally.
Add to a pestle and mortar and grind or grind in a blender for a few seconds, add Green Nori sprinkles and mix with a spoon and store in an air tight container.
All our recipes are 100% vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or gelatine) and refined sugar-free