Enjoy a Traditional Japanese Matcha Tea Ceremony in the comfort of your own home, with our Ceremonial Grade Matcha Green Tea Powder. For best results use a Matcha bowl, but if you don't have one, try with a round breakfast bowl or a mug that has a round bottom.
In Japan, it's common to eat something sweet with Matcha to balance its bitterness. For an authentic experience, try not to add syrup or sweeteners to the finished Matcha and instead enjoy a small treat on the side if you are craving something sweet.
Preparation time - 5 mins
All our recipes are 100% vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or gelatine) and refined sugar-free
- Preheat the bowl thoroughly with hot water, then empty it and dry carefully with a cloth. Use the bamboo tea scoop to measure 1½ heaped scoops of Matcha powder and place in the centre of the bowl.
- Pour approximately 50-60ml of hot water into the bowl. Make sure the temperature of the water is approximately 70-80°C, not boiling.
- Take the bamboo whisk in one hand and hold the rim of the Matcha bowl with the other. Whisk the Matcha briskly in a ‘W’ motion using your wrist (not your arm).
- When a thick froth with many tiny bubbles has developed on the surface, slowly lift the bamboo whisk from the centre of the bowl.
- Taste a little bit to see if you're happy with the strength of the Matcha. Add more water according to your taste and savour the deliciously smooth flavour of Matcha.