A delightful plant-based dessert which can be enjoyed any time of the year. The fruity sweet mango purée compliments the gentle bitterness of the matcha panna cotta. We use Agar, the perfect vegan gelatin, to set the dessert. Tweak your panna cotta texture by varying the amount. Bask in guiltless indulgence and enjoy this vegan-friendly and refined sugar free dessert!
Tip: Set the panna cotta in a glass at an angle to achieve the presentation in the image.
preparation time - 20min
setting time - 2 hours
- Shake the coconut milk in the can before opening, pour into a saucepan.
- Take 1 tbsp of coconut milk from the pan and place in a small bowl and add the matcha powder and mix well. Add the maple syrup and mix again and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of agar flakes to the pan of coconut milk and bring to boil. Turn the heat to medium-low and continuously stir with a spatula until the agar flakes have dissolved completely (usually around 10min.)
- Remove from heat and add the matcha mixture, mix everything with a whisk until the colour is green and the matcha powder is blended well.
- Transfer to your desired container and leave in room temperature for 30min before placing it in the fridge to set.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hour, Place the mango puree in its packaging in the refrigerator to make it cold.
- To serve, open the mango puree and pour into the dish with matcha panna cotta.
- Add a mint leaf for decoration or desiccated coconut flakes.
Recipe created by Lisa Dawson
All our recipes are 100% vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or gelatine) and refined sugar-free