Really easy sea vegetable salad with a sweet and sour Japanese dressing using our Yaemon Tamari soya sauce. Make this the base of your salad and add leafy greens if you are new to eating sea vegetables on its own.
Serves 2 - 4 as a side
preparation time - 10 min
- 1 pack of Clearspring Ambient Tofu
- 1/4 pack of Clearspring Sea Vegetable Salad (around a handful)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbs of Clearspring Organic Japanese Yaemon Tamari Soya Sauce - Double Strength
- 2 tbs of Clearspring Organic Japanese Mikawa Mirin
- 2 tbs of Clearspring Organic Japanese Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbs of Clearspring Authentic Japanese Pure Toasted Sesame Oil
Soak the Sea vegetable salad in water for 10 mins. (Avoid using hot or warm water as this will change the colour of some of the sea vegetables.)
Make the dressing in a container with a lid – add all the seasonings, shake it and set it aside – you can make more and leave it in the fridge for a couple of days.
Open the pack of tofu, hold the tofu in your hand to drain the water and place on a chopping board. Cut the tofu into small cubes. Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half or quarter.
Drain the sea vegetables and place it on to the serving dish, add the sliced tofu and cherry tomatoes. Pour the dressing before serving. Enjoy.