Sushi can be enjoyed in many shapes and forms by using vinegared rice. From simple nigiri (hand formed rice with topping), maki roll, gunkan maki (boat-shaped with filling on top), temaki (hand rolled) to uramaki (inside out roll). Here we made our take on Dragon Roll Uramaki using Follow Your Heart Organic Vegenaise.
Browse our entire Sushi Range.
Makes 2 rolls (12 - 16 pieces)
Sushi Vinegar Seasoning
In Japan sushi is often served alongside miso soup and sencha green tea.
- Wash the rice in a bowl with cold water, handling the grains gently and rinsing frequently until the water runs clear. Soak in 170ml of cold water for 30mins before cooking.
- Pour the rice and water in a saucepan, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to rest for a further 10 mins.
- Using a spatula spread rice gently over the base of a large bowl. Pour the rice seasoning evenly over the rice and make cutting and folding movements with the spatula to mix it well.
- Place the Clearspring Sushi Nori shiny side down, spread the sushi rice and sprinkle Clearspring Green Nori Sprinkle. Place a parchment paper on top and flip it over.
- Start by spreading the Vegenaise at the bottom part of the nori (on the shiny side) and add all the fillings. Once rolled, add extra sliced avocado on top and roll it on to the outside of the rice.
- Slice into 6 or 8 pieces and add a small amount of Sriracha Vegenaise on top.
- Enjoy with Clearspring Yaemon Tamari Soya Sauce, Wasabi and Clearspring Sushi Ginger.
Recipe by Lisa Dawson