You can enjoy the taste of fresh fruit all year with this dessert, using Clearspring Organic Fruit Purées. It is delicious, light and refreshing.
- 3 Clearspring Apple and Mango Fruit Purées
- 1tsp grated fresh ginger
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1tbsp Clearspring Safflower Oil
- 300g Clearspring Tofu
- Put the fruit puree and orange juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Now add the rest of the ingredients and blend again.
- Transfer the mixture to a plastic tub and freeze until slushy, blend again to break down the ice crystals and then return to the freezer. Repeat the process above one more time.
- When it is frozen, it is ready to eat! Alternatively, if you have an ice cream maker you can churn the mixture in that.
You can try making this with any of our delicious fruit purées.
Celia Plender is a freelance food writer and chef with experience in both Japan and the UK. She has written for publications including Time Out Magazine, channel4.com/4food, goodfoodchannel.co.uk and clearspring.co.uk.
Since returning from Japan, where she worked as a chef in a Tokyo kaiseki restaurant, she has devoted more and more of her time to Japanese cuisine. As she trained in the West, she is also fully conversant with European cuisine.
She is the proud editor of two cookbooks: Dashi and Umami, the Heart of Japanese Cuisine (Cross Media 2009) and Umami World Recipes, Filipino (Cross Media 2009).
In her food writing career she has written for various magazines and websites, including www.channel4.com/4Food, where she is currently Deputy Editor, www.goodfoodchannel.co.uk, Time Out Eating and Drinking Guides, www.Eat-Japan.com and www.clearspring.co.uk. She is also a member of the Guild of Food Writers.