As well as being tasty and indulgent, this lemon pie is free of dairy products and low in sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients together and knead.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Oil a 10” baking tin and lay the pastry in it. Prick with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 175 C or gas mark 4.
- Let it cool before serving.
- Put amazake, lemon juice and agar flakes in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until the agar is dissolved, dissolve the kuzu or arrowroot in the rice milk and thicken the liquid. Let it boil for 1 minute. Turn off and add the maple syrup and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour into the baking tin and let it settle.
- Garnish with the lemon zest.
Recipe by the Holistic Cooking School