Clearspring Quick cook Organic Millet, Peas & Lentils go especially well with this popular sauce. This version is simply garnished with fresh chives, lightly flavoured with some fresh lemon juice and dressed with the delicious sauce.
- 1 pack Clearspring Quick cook Organic Millet, Peas & Lentils
- 4 level tablespoons Clearspring Sweet White Miso
- 3-4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Clearspring Mikawa Mirin
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger root grated and then squeezed for its juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of dried tarragon, basil or thyme
- Finely chopped chives
- Cook the millet mixture in 3 cups of water, stock or miso bouillon for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Mix the miso and tahini in a small saucepan. Add the water a little at a time and mix well to make a smooth sauce. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer. If it’s too thick, add a bit more water, if it’s too thin, simmer briefly to thicken the sauce.
- To serve, spoon the millet mixture into the desired shape, squeeze a little lemon juice and garnish with the chives.
- Put the sauce into individual serving bowls, steam some greens and drizzle with a little reduced balsamic vinegar, all of the flavours combined were delicious.
For over 30 years Marlene has been actively teaching all aspects of health and wellness. Her dietary advice draws from the fields of macrobiotic nutrition, her studies in Traditional Chinese medicine and common sense. Her favourite saying is 'If you don't look after your body, then where are you going to live'.
Her new book "Go Vegan" is now available.