A summer salad with zesty, minty, refreshing & juicy griddled watermelon and a creamy tofu sauce. Cooking concentrates the flavours of the watermelon as well as giving it a firmer texture. A creamy tofu and cashew cream cheeze dip makes an excellent accompaniment. You can also cook the melon on a BBQ.
Serves 2 - Preparation time: 5 mins - Cooking time: 15 mins
For the cashew tofu sauce
- ½ packet Clearspring Silken Tofu
- 50g soaked unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp Clearspring Tamari Soya Sauce
- 2 tsp Clearspring Sweet White Miso Paste
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 1 pk Clearspring 90sec Brown & Wild Rice
- 1 tsp Clearspring Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Handful fresh mint leaves - roughly chopped
- Drizzle of Clearspring Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2cm thick slice water melon - cut into wedges and the green rind removed
- 1 lime - cut into quarters lengthwise
- To make the cashew tofu sauce place all the ingredients into a blender or mini food processor and whizz until you have a smooth sauce. Season to taste, place into a bowl, cover and store in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, add the olive oil and lemon juice, mix well, allow to cool a little before stirring through the chopped mint (reserving a little for garnish).
- Whilst the rice is cooling, brush the griddle with the oil and allow it to heat. Place the melon slices and lime quarters on the griddle, let them cook for about 4- 5 minutes until seared, then flip over.
- Arrange the griddled fruit on top of the rice mixture garnished with the reserved mint and the lime quarters. Serve with the cashew tofu sauce.
Recipe, photography & styling by Helen Best-Shaw, Fuss Free Flavours, for Clearspring Ltd.