This refreshing, yet comforting, vegan green Thai curry has been stripped down to use just a few ingredients that are readily available in the supermarket. Make a double batch of the paste and freeze until needed.
For the curry paste
- 60g fresh coriander
- 2 limes - zest and juice
- 2 fat cloves garlic
- 2-4 green chillis - seeds removed
- 2 spring onions - green parts
- 1cm fresh ginger - finely grated
- Generous pinch Clearspring Sea Salt
For the curry
- Noodles or Clearspring Quick Cook Organic Rice Trio - cooked as per packet instructions
- Fresh Coriander
- Lime quarters
- Finely sliced red chillis (optional)
- Put all the ingredients for the paste into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan and fry the onion until turning golden. Add the peppers and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Add the curry paste and cook for a minute, pour in the coconut milk and stir in the tamarind. Season with salt and extra lime juice to taste. Allow to simmer for a few minutes to thicken slightly.
- Add the chickpeas and pak choi and simmer for another few minutes. Add the tofu and allow it to heat through, stirring as little as possible so not to break it up.
- Serve with noodles or rice garnished with coriander, lime and sliced chillis.
Recipe, photography & styling by Helen Best-Shaw, Fuss Free Flavours, for Clearspring Ltd.