Delicious and creamy, quick to prepare with Clearspring lentils and brown rice noodles.
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium leek, cut into fine dice
- 2 carrots, cut into dice
- 2 celery stalks cut into fine dice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jar of organic sundried tomatoes, cut into fine dice
- 2 jars Clearspring Organic Lentils
- 2 tablespoons organic tomato paste dissolved in 1 cup of hot water
- 2 cups filtered water
- Pinch of mixed spice (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 tbsp Clearspring Tamari or Shoyu (natural soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- Clearspring Brown Rice Noodles
- Freshly grated vegan parmesan to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the leek, carrot, celery and garlic. Cover, and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, lentils, tomato sauce mixture, filtered water, mixed spice and season with salt and pepper (optional). Cover and cook on low until lentils and vegetables are soft and most of the liquid has dissolved. Add more water if required.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
- Just prior to serving, stir the tamari and parsley into the pot. Place the cooked noodles in a serving bowl, top with bolognaise and serve with the cheese if using.
For over 30 years Marlene has been actively teaching all aspects of health and wellness. Her dietary advice draws from the fields of macrobiotic nutrition, her studies in Traditional Chinese medicine and common sense. Her favourite saying is 'If you don't look after your body, then where are you going to live'.
Her new book "Go Vegan" is now available.