Flapjacks make a great snack, but are all too often laden with sugar and butter. We’ve given a traditional flapjack recipe a makeover and made these vegan and free from refined sugar. Use certified gluten free oats to make them gluten free too.
Makes about 16
- Line a small baking tray 20cm x 20cm (8” x 8”) or 15cm x 25cm (6” x 10”) with greaseproof paper or baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 180C / GM 4.
- Pour the oats, Snack Organic and salt into a bowl and mix well.
- Weigh the coconut oil and Rice alt syrup into a small saucepan and gently heat until the coconut oil has melted and the syrup is runny. Whisk in the tub of prune puree.
- Pour the coconut oil mixture over the oats and mix well.
- Put the mixture into the prepared tin and press it down with the back of a spoon to make it smooth and flat.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Recipe, photography & styling by Helen Best-Shaw, Fuss Free Flavours, for Clearspring Ltd.