Miso Glaze is a paste which can be used on various vegetables. Grilled, pan-fried or oven baked, this paste has a very rich sweet and savoury umami taste.
Preparation time - 10 mins
Cooking time - 15 mins
IngredientsFor the Glaze
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Sweet White Miso
- 1 tbsp Clearspring Brown Rice Miso
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Rice Malt Syrup
- 1 tsp Clearspring Mikawa Mirin
- 1 large aubergine (or 3 mini aubergine)
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Clearspring Traditional Sea Salt
- Mix the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the aubergine in half then score the flesh with a knife.
- Rub the sea salt into the flesh of the aubergine, leave it for 5 minutes and then wipe off the salt and the moisture.
- Heat a frying pan over a low heat, and add the sesame seeds. Toss the pan until you can see the seeds turn golden and set aside in a bowl.
- Use the same frying pan and heat the toasted sesame oil, add the aubergine with the flesh side down and cook on medium heat until the surface looks golden. Turn it over and put the lid on with a splash of water and cook until it’s soft.
- With a spoon, glaze the miso on the flesh of the aubergine and cook for a few more minutes with the lid off.
- Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds and serve warm.
Recipe created by Lisa Dawson
All our recipes are 100% vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or gelatine) and refined sugar free