This quick and easy Miso and Ginger Udon Noodle Soup packs in heaps of flavour. The warmth given from the chilli and ginger makes it the perfect meal for a cold, winter day.
preparation time - 20 min
- 1L (4 1/4 cups) Vegetable Stock
- 5cm piece Fresh Ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 Clove Garlic, crushed 1 Red Chilli, finely diced
- 150g (1 1/2 cup) Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 Carrots, julienned
- 100g (1 cup) Beansprouts
- 4 Pak Choi
- 3 tbsp Clearspring Miso Paste
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Soy Sauce
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) Clearspring Organic Silken Tofu, diced
- 200g (1 1/2 cups) Clearspring Udon Noodles - Cook according to instructions
- 1 handful Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 4 Spring Onions, trimmed and sliced
- Firstly, add the vegetable stock, ginger, garlic and chilli to a large saucepan; bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts and pak choi and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Next stir in the miso paste and soy sauce, and allow to simmer for 1 minute before removing from the heat.
- Add the tofu and noodles and allow to sit for 1-2 minutes. To serve, ladle the soup into a bowl and top with the coriander and spring onion.
Recipe created by PlantBased MagazineWebsite: Plantbasedmag.com