For those trying veganuary or wanting to have a more plant-based breakfast - you've come to the right place. Here, we use our soft silken tofu to create delicious scrambled tofu. With the turmeric creating that yellow colour, and the squeeze of lemon juice adding that extra zest, this recipe will leave your taste buds wanting more. Be imaginative with your vegetables and create your very own original English Breakfast!
preparation time - 15min
- 1 pack Clearspring Silken Tofu
- 1tsp Clearspring Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Clearspring Yaemon Tamari Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon or Lime Juice
- a pinch of Black Pepper
- a pinch of Chilli Flakes or Powder
- a handful of Kale or any other green vegetables
- 1 clove of Garlic - chopped
- a handful of Fresh Coriander
- 2 slice of Toasted Bread
- Wash the kale ( and any other vegetable you use ) and leave to one side.
- In a frying pan, add the coconut oil, chopped garlic and all the spices (excluding the chilli flakes) on low-medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add your veg and cook until they start to wilt and soften. If you are using carrots or any hard vegetables, put the lid on with 1tbsp of water and let the vegetables cook until soft.
- Drain the tofu from the pack and place it on top of the vegetables. With a wooden spoon, break the tofu into your ideal size. Now mix everything together until you can see the tofu picking up the turmeric colour. Let everything cook for a couple of minutes. Add the chilli flakes or powder if you like a spicy kick.
- Enjoy with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice and serve immediately. You can enjoy this on its own or with a slice of toast.
Recipe created by Lisa Dawson
All our recipes are 100% vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or gelatine) and refined sugar-free