Matcha is usually drunk warm, but here we have created an iced cold brew version for a refreshing summer drink. We usually prefer to make this with Clearspring Ceremonial Grade Matcha, as it is a higher grade of Matcha and has a sweeter flavour compared to the Premium Grade Matcha.
Try to avoid adding sweeteners to the Matcha and instead pair it with a little something sweet on the side. In Japan, people eat 'wagashi' a small Japanese sweet, usually filled with 'anko' (Azuki beans).
Preparation time - 5 mins
- 1g or ½ tsp Clearspring Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder - Ceremonial Grade
- 60ml or 4 tbsp filtered hot water (approximately 70-80°C)
- 1 round, or a couple of square ice cubes to fill your glass
- Add 1g of Ceremonial Grade Matcha Green Tea Powder and pour warm water into a Matcha bowl, round bottom bowl, or a mug and whisk until the Matcha starts to froth and is lump-free.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and pour over the whisked Matcha.
- If the strength of the Matcha is too strong, top it up with cold water or wait a little while for the ice to melt.
- Enjoy in the sunshine.