We hope you will enjoy the Clearspring sushi range, comprised exclusively of authentic, distinctive ingredients made to traditional, natural recipes. It has never been so easy or so much fun to create sushi in your own kitchen.
Browse our entire Sushi Range.
Makes 2 rolls (12 pieces)
Sushi Vinegar Seasoning
In Japan sushi is often served alongside miso soup and sencha green tea.
- Wash the rice in a bowl with cold water, handling the grains gently and rinsing frequently until the water runs clear. Soak the rice with 300ml of cold water for 30 mins before cooking.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer with the lid on for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to rest for a further 10 mins.
- Using a spatula spread rice gently over the base of a large bowl. Pour the rice seasoning evenly over the rice and make cutting and folding movements with the spatula to mix it well.
- Place the Sushi Nori with the shiny side down on the mat. Spread ½ of the rice evenly over the nori, leaving 1cm clear at the top.
- Make a shallow channel 3cm up from the bottom edge, fill with a thin layer of umeboshi puree and lay on the cucumber, daikon and ginger fillings.
- Begin rolling the mat from the near edge away from you, keeping the filling in place with your fingers. Roll firmly but do not press so hard as the rice will come out of the sides.
- Continue rolling until you reach the end of the nori sheet, keeping it tight. Make sure that you do not roll the matt in with your sushi.
- Remove the roll from the mat and cut into 6 pieces with a wet knife, using a steady sawing motion. Repeat with the other sheet of nori.
- Serve with a dish of Clearspring Organic Japanese Tamari Soya Sauce and Organic Japanese Wasabi.