Nowadays, ramen noodles are a staple in Japanese cuisine, from a quick lunch to casual dinners. Ramen can be changed in flavour by adding different vegetable toppings so you will never get bored of eating it. You can fry tofu, seitan or tempeh and add it on the top with a spicy sauce. We have a choice of miso and shoyu sauce base Ramen to choose from.
Cooking time 10min
- Soak the 1 tbsp of Arame as instructed on the pack. In a separate bowl, soak the shiitake as instructed on the pack and set aside.
- Bring 800ml of water to boil in a pot, follow the instruction on the ramen packs and cook the noodles.
- Drain both Amara and shiitake, cut the shiitake into thin slices. (Keep the shiitake water and use for stock)
- In a frying pan, add the sesame oil with garlic, add the arame and the sliced shiitake mushrooms and sautée for a 1min. Add the pak choi and cook until everything is soft, season with Umami paste chills or ginger and toasted sesame oil.
- Place the noodles on the bottom of a deep bowl, topped with the cooked vegetable, spring onions and pour the hot soup over everything. Top with Seaveg crispies and enjoy immediately.
Tip: Keep the shiitake water and use for stock.
Recipe created by Lisa Dawson
All our recipes are plant-based and 100% vegan friendly (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or gelatine) and refined sugar-free.