Tofu can be enjoyed as a side dish or as a centre piece in your meals. This is a crowd-pleaser with an umami rich sauce, which compliments the simple flavour of the tofu and vegetables. The asparagus can be swapped with other vegetables as it's seasonal.
For the dressing:
- Heat a frying pan (or griddle pan if you have one) on medium high heat. Break or chop the hard ends of the asparagus and place on the pan once it's hot.
- To make the dressing - mix all of the 'dressing ingredients' highlighted in the ingredients list and leave to one side.
- Open the pack of tofu, drain the liquid and place it on a chopping board. Carefully slice the tofu (around half an inch) and leave it on the board.
- Turn the asparagus in the pan, so it's cooked on both sides. Mix grated ginger and garlic with sesame oil, spoon or brush onto the asparagus and continue to cook for a little longer until it looks bright green and cooked through.
- Place the asparagus on the serving plate, carefully transfer the cut tofu from the chopping board on top of the asparagus. Pour the dressing on top of the tofu and around the plate.
- For garnish, sprinkle Atlantic Sea Salad, cut chilli and spring onion.
- Enjoy warm.