Japanese cucumber salad with wakame sea vegetables. A light salad with a sweet and vinegary taste.
- Slice the cucumber with a mandolin into a large bowl. Sprinkle the sea salt and massage the cucumber to help soften the cucumber and draw out the excess liquid. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Rehydrate the wakame in lukewarm water for 10 minutes or until it's soft. Squeeze the wakame and cut to bite size pieces.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a jar or a bowl.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the cucumber and place it in a bowl with the cut wakame. Drizzle the dressing and mix it together.
- Serve as a starter or as a side.
Recipe by Lisa Dawson