A rich, creamy vegan spaghetti made using our silken tofu. Tofu is an amazingly versatile product edible straight from the pack, cooked or put in a blender to make a creamy white sauce. Here, we use it to make a classic warming and velvety plant-based carbonara. Keep any leftover sauce for use as a dip or in salad dressings!
Cooking time - 25 mins
- Drain the water from the tofu and place into a blender. Add all the remaining ingredients for the sauce and blend until smooth and set aside.
- In a large pot add around 3L of water and bring to boil, then add 1 tbsp of sea salt and add your chosen spaghetti. Cook as instructed on the pack, or a minute less if you would like the spaghetti to be al dente. *Keep a cup of the spaghetti water before draining. (We will use this in the sauce later.)
- In a frying pan, add olive oil, garlic and the diced aubergine on medium heat until the aubergines are cooked through add Tamari soya sauce and let the aubergine swim in the sauce.
- Add the cooked spaghetti followed by the tofu sauce and half a cup of the spaghetti water. Toss the frying pan as you mix the sauce and the spaghetti together. Be careful not to let the spaghetti burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Add more of the spaghetti water if you prefer the sauce to be more liquid. Serve immediately. A perfect bowl of warming carbonara to enjoy with your friends and family.
Tip: If you don't have a large frying pan, once the aubergines are seasoned with Tamari soya sauce divide everything to roughly 2 or 3 portions. Add a drizzle of olive oil into the empty pan with the divided aubergine, spaghetti and the sauce and repeat for the remaining portions.
Recipe created by Lisa Dawson
All our recipes are 100% vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or gelatine) and refined sugar-free