A delicious version of the Japanese classic using roasted sweet potato instead of aubergine. Perfect paired with rice or salad.
preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 35 mins
For the sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Halve the sweet potatoes lengthways, then score the surface of the flesh in diagonal crisscross style; this will help the miso sauce to marinate through the potato.
- Place the potatoes onto a lightly greased baking tray and bake in the oven for 30mins.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients in a bowl and reserve until required.
- Once the potatoes are soft and cooked through, switch over to the grill then evenly spread the miso mixture onto the scored surface of the sweet potatoes.
- Place under a med-high grill and cook for a further 5-7 mins or until the miso sauce goes bubbly and golden brown.
- Sprinkle on some white and black sesame seeds and serve on their own or with some of Clearspring’s quick cook rice and quinoa.
Recipe by Jay Morjaria