I love this hot, soothing miso soup as a pick-me up at any time of the day. Simply pop the ingredients in a tea cup, top up with hot water, done! Or, bring them to work portioned up and ready to go – perfect for meal prep. You can vary this recipe indefinitely, just include something a little spicy or acidic to lift the salty miso. I like a few spoons of oats in mine to make it a little more substantial, almost like rice!
Prep time 2 minutes
Lasts for up to 5 days in the fridge as meal prep (without perishable ingredients added, like tofu)
- 1-2 teaspoons* Clearspring Brown Rice Miso Paste
- ½ teaspoon Clearspring Instant Wakame Seaweed
- 2 teaspoons rolled oats
- ½ cm ginger, finely grated (use a normal box grater)
- One pinch chilli flakes/powder (any)
- Pinch of fresh herbs (any)
- Citrus zest
- ¼ teaspoon Clearspring Brown Rice Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Clearspring Toasted Sesame Oil
- A squeeze of lime
- 1 pinch garlic granules/powder
- A strand Clearspring Dulse Seaweed
- Pine nuts
- Clearspring Silken Tofu in cubes
*depends on the size of your cup and how salty you like it. Try!
Place all ingredients in a cup (if you want it right away), or small jars if you are meal prepping. When you are ready for your miso soup, pour a small amount of hot water in your cup and stir to dissolve the thick miso paste. Top up with more hot water.
Sara Kiyo Popowa aka Shiso Delicious
Sara Kiyo Popowa aka Shiso Delicious is on a mission to find beauty and sustainability on every level in life: in how we eat and prepare our food, how we view ourselves and our earth and how we choose and dispose of the products we use every day.
Website & Blog: http://www.shisodelicious.com