Pad Thai with Sea Spaghetti
The sea spaghetti adds a great seafood flavour to this pad Thai giving it the flavours that traditionally come from the fish sauce and shrimp. Using rice noodles and tamari also makes this recipe gluten-free.
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Yaemon Tamari Soya Sauce
- 3 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Clearspring Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Tabasco or hot sauce
For the noodles:
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Sesame Oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pureed
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 100g (3.5oz) green beans, sliced
- 25g (1oz) Clearspring Organic Sea Spaghetti, cooked as per packet instructions
- 200g (7oz) Clearspring Gluten-Free Brown Rice Noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
- Handful chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 2 wedges lime
- To make the sauce, whisk together the tamarind, tamari, sugar, cider vinegar, peanut butter and Tabasco until smooth.
- For the noodles, add the oil to a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat, then add the spring onions, garlic, carrots, red pepper and beans. Fry for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through, then add the sauce, sea spaghetti and noodles and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until everything is cooked through and mixed well.
- To serve, top with coriander, peanuts and a wedge of lime .
Recipe created by PlantBased Magazine