This is a vibrant centrepiece to share with friends and family. Simply pop your seasonal veg in the oven and glaze with this deliciously versatile dressing. You can use this glaze for salads and steamed vegetables too.
preparation time 10 mins
Cooking time 30 mins
For the roast
- 1 Cabbage (Any type of cabbage)
- 2-3 Carrots - halved if big (Here we used rainbow carrots)
- Clearspring Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Clearspring Traditional Sea Salt
- Thyme – fresh or dried
For the glaze
- 3 tbsp Clearspring Sweet White Miso
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- Half a Lemon – squeeze out the juice
- 1 Clementine – squeeze out the juice
- Optional 3 Clementines - halved
- Pink peppercorns and chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the cabbage into eight wedges and rinse with water. Place the chopped cabbage and the carrots on a baking tray.
- Drizzle generous amount of extra virgin olive oil over/in-between the layers of the cabbage leaves. Scatter some thyme and a pinch of sea salt and place the tray at the bottom of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Check and turn the vegetables around half way through.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the dressing together in a bowl and set aside.
- Once the vegetables are ready, take out of the oven and serve on a plate. Pour the miso glaze between the leaves to flavour each layer of the cabbage.
- Serve warm with the halved clementines and a sprinkle of pink peppercorns or chilli flakes.
Recipe created by Lisa Dawson
All our recipes are 100% vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or gelatine) and refined sugar free