Really easy week night or weekend plant-based green curry using Clearspring organic young jackfruit and coconut milk. You can choose to have it spicy or mild by adjusting the chilli flakes which is great if you are making it for a large group or for children.
- 500g Clearspring Organic Young Jackfruit Chunks (drained weight 260g)
- 400ml Clearspring Organic Coconut Milk
- 2-3 tbsp green curry paste (store bought or create it by mixing herbs and spices in a blender )
- 1- 3 colourful peppers (red, green and or yellow)
- 1 bag or a handful - green vegetables ( tender stem broccoli, green beans, sugar snaps, peas, spinach, kale, bok or pak choi, choi sam or anything you can find )
- 1 punnet button mushrooms or Clearspring Mushrooms - drained
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- thumb size ginger - grated or minced
- 2 cloves garlic - grated or minced
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- If you'd like it spice add fresh chilli, powder or flakes when adding the curry paste in the method
- a handful fresh coriander for garnish
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit and transfer into a bowl. If you have very large chunks, slice them in half.
- Fry the onion in coconut oil on medium to low heat for a couple of minutes. Add the vegetables and jackfruit and let it cook for a 8-10mins then add the curry paste followed by coconut milk. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce to simmer and let it cook until the vegetables are soft. Add any other soft vegetables like spinach and let it wilt with the lid on.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice or noodles.
Recipe by Lisa Dawson