Using Hatcho miso in your glazed brings such a deep umami flavour to your miso glazed aubergine. This glazed can be used in on any cooked or raw vegetables.
preparation time - 10
cooking time - 10
For the glaze:
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Spring onion
- Chilli flakes
- Wash the aubergine and cut in half longways, you can keep the tops for decoration like in the image. Score it lengthways, creating a diamond shape. Rub the salt on the surface and leave it to one side.
- In a small pan, add all the ingredients for the glaze and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir all the ingredients until its mixed well.
- Remove the salt on the aubergine with a cloth or paper towel.
- On medium heat pour 1 tbsp sesame oil to a large frying pan and place the aubergine with the flesh side down. Press the skin of the aubergine down, so the white is cooks through. Leave it to cook for a few minutes; you can put the lid on if it's not soft. When you start to see colour on the aubergine, flip it over and cook some more on the skin side down.
- Once the aubergine looks cooked, glaze the miso sauce with a spoon and spread it evenly. Sprinkle some sesame seeds, spring onion and chilli flakes and serve warm.
Recipe created by Lisa Dawson
All our recipes are 100% vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or gelatine) and refined sugar-free