A simple vegetable packed bowl of noodles is supremely comforting, easy to prepare and endlessly adaptable to your taste. You can adapt this recipe using seasonal vegetables.
To Serve / Garnish
- Place the dried mushrooms in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for half an hour.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, drain, rinse, and set to one side.
- Drain the mushrooms, reserving the soaking water, and cut into strips discarding any woody parts of the stalks.
Cut the pak choi in half lengthwise, and steam or gently simmer with the Tenderstem until cooked.
- Heat the reserved mushroom soaking liquid with another cup of water, once its boiled take off heat and add the barley miso and noodle broth. Bring to a gentle simmer and add the noodles and mushrooms to reheat.
- Transfer the broth with noodles and mushrooms to two serving bowls and top with the freshly cooked pak choi and broccoli.
Garnish to taste before serving.
Recipe, photography & styling by Helen Best-Shaw, Fuss Free Flavours, for Clearspring Ltd.