A simple vegetable packed bowl of noodles is supremely comforting, easy to prepare and endlessly adaptable to your taste. You can adapt this recipe using seasonal vegetables.
- 200 g Clearspring Wide Udon Noodles – Cooked as per packet instructions
- 5 Clearspring Shiitake Mushrooms - Dried
- 1 cup (240ml) Boiling Water
- 2 heaped tsp Clearspring Barley Miso
- 4 tbs Clearspring Instant Noodle broth - Tsuyu ( or more to taste)
- 8 Spears of Tenderstem or Broccoli
- 1 small Pak choi or Bok choy
- Red & Green Chillis – sliced
- Spring Onions – sliced
- Sesame Seeds (Lightly toasted )
- Clearspring Green Nori Sprinkle
- Fresh herbs – basil, coriander
- Place the dried mushrooms in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for half an hour.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, drain, rinse, and set to one side.
- Drain the mushrooms, reserving the soaking water, and cut into strips discarding any woody parts of the stalks.
- Cut the pak choi in half lengthwise, and steam or gently simmer with the Tenderstem until cooked.
- Heat the reserved mushroom soaking liquid with another cup of water, once its boiled take off heat and add the barley miso and noodle broth. Bring to a gentle simmer and add the noodles and mushrooms to reheat.
- Transfer the broth with noodles and mushrooms to two serving bowls and top with the freshly cooked pak choi and broccoli. Garnish to taste before serving.
Recipe, photography & styling by Helen Best-Shaw, Fuss Free Flavours, for Clearspring Ltd.