This creamy chickpea mock tuna salad is ideal for sandwiches, salads, or a baked potato filling. We used our rye crispbread to display an open sandwich.
Serves 4 – in a sandwich or two as a salad.
- 1 jar (350g) Clearspring Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ block Clearspring Silken Tofu
- ½ Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Celery Stick - finely chopped
- 1-2 Clearspring Gherkins - finely chopped (around 2tbsp )
- 1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 or 2 Spring Onions - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Atlantic Dulse (rehydrated, then drained as per packet instructions)
- Salt and black pepper
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl and give them a mash with the back of a fork. You want to break some up, but still retain some texture. Add the tofu to the chickpeas and stir well so the chickpeas are coated, and there are no lumps of tofu.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and season to taste with salt and pepper or a drizzle of Yaemon Tamari.
- Place a generous amount on the rye crispbread and enjoy as a snack or as a light lunch.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Recipe, photography & styling by Helen Best-Shaw, Fuss Free Flavours, for Clearspring Ltd.