Jackfruit has a great texture for fillings like Tacos, Fajita or Burritos. Here is an easy recipe to create a simple filling using Clearspring Jackfruit. Seasoned with Clearspring Teriyaki sauce makes it easy and simple to make the fillings in a rush, and if you make too much, you can save the fillings and eat it the next day. The cooking is so simple that you can get your kids involved. They can use their hands or a fork to break and tear the large jackfruit chunks to create shredded or pulled pieces.
- 1 avocado - sliced or smashed
- 1 fresh Lime - cut to wedges
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- First make the pickled red onion. Slice or dice the red onion with a knife or a mandoline and add to a bowl or a jar with a lid. Pour the red wine vinegar and let the onions submerge in the liquid using the back of a spoon and set aside for 1 hour or so. If you want to make it in advance, store it in the fridge over night.
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit and transfer into a bowl. Shred the Jackfruit with your hands or with a fork and pull it to break it down into fine strips. Chop the hard parts into slices.
- Fry the shredded jackfruit in coconut oil on medium-low heat for a couple of minutes and add the minced or grated ginger and garlic, let it cook until it looks soft and drizzle the teriyaki sauce.
- Heat the tortilla wraps in the oven or in a frying pan.
- Assemble by adding the jackfruit on the wrap or taco shells, avocado and the pickled onions.
Tip: You can reuse the vinegar in the pickled onion as salad dressing.
Recipe by Lisa Dawson