Clearspring's organic, premium quality rice is ideal for preparing sushi as well as everyday rice dishes. This short grain rice is light and sticky and remains soft after cooking. We have carefully selected this Selenio variety as it has the same characteristics as the rice that is traditionally used in Japanese cooking.
Cooking time - 30min soak + 30-40min cooking time
- Wash 1 cup (190g) of Sushi Rice in cold water. Gently stir the rice with your hand to try and remove the starch and drain - repeat 3 times until the water is clear.
- Transfer to a saucepan with 11/4 cups (300ml) of cold water and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Cover the pot and bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until all the water have been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 10 minutes before serving.
To Make sushi rice
- Once the rice is cooked, transfer into a large bowl using a spatula, a shimoji or a large spoon.
- Drizzle the rice seasoning evenly over the rice and make a cutting and folding movements with the spatula to mix it well, try to not squash or break the grains. If you can, use a hand held fan to cool the rice while mixing.
- You can now use the rice and make sushi, maki roll or a hand roll. Cover with a damp cloth if you are not using it straight way to keep it moist.
Discover our Sushi Recipes Here