Creamy buckwheat soba noodle salad using Clearspring 100% Buckwheat Soba noodles. This is a really light noodle salad mixed with raw sliced vegetables and a creamy tahini dressing. We used rainbow carrots to bring an array of colours to the salad. If you are not going to eat it straight away, keep the sauce in a separate container and dress it before serving.
- ½ cucumber
- ½ carrot
- ½ lettuce - we used little gems.
- 2 spring onion
- 1 fresh chilli
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the soba noodles according to instructions on pack. Be careful not to over cook it. With Soba noodles, you don't need to salt the water, so just place the noodles straight into the pot and stir to prevent them from sticking together. During the cooking process, there will be white starch bubbles, so have a jug or large cup of water to hand, ready to pour a small amount in whenever it starts to boil over.
- Once cooked, drain the noodles and rinse under cold water. This is to stop the noodles from cooking further and to remove the starch.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce and leave aside.
- Wash and cut the vegetables, either in matchsticks, long strips or with a mandolin.
- Mix the vegetables with the cooked noodles before drizzling the sauce over. Serve straight away.
- If you want to eat it later, just put the sauce aside and drizzle over before serving. Enjoy.