A bright and colourful salad with wakame, tofu, fruit, and a zingy ginger dressing. Perfect for appetiser. Adapt with different stone or other soft fruit or add avocado to make it more substantial.
For the zingy ginger dressing
- 3 tsp Clearspring Yaemon Tamari Soya Sauce
- 1 cm Fresh Ginger Root, finely grated
- 4 tsp Clearspring Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Clearspring Rice Malt Syrup
- 3 tsp Clearspring Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Clearspring Sesame Oil
For the salad
- 100g Mixed Salad Leaves (a mix with baby leaves and herbs is best)
- 2 tbs Clearspring Atlantic Wakame (soaked as per packet instructions)
- 1 Ripe Nectarine
- ½ block Clearspring Silken Tofu
- Sesame or other seeds to garnish
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl or jam jar and whisk or shake well to mix. Season with a little salt and pepper as needed.
- Drained soaked wakame use your hands to squeeze out the water. Mix the salad leaves and wakame and place in a salad bowl or a large flat serving plate.
- Cut the tofu into 1cm cubes and the nectarine into thin wedges and arrange on top of the salad leaves.
- Drizzle the dressing over and garnish with some sesame seeds and serve.
Recipe, photography & styling by Helen Best-Shaw, Fuss Free Flavours, for Clearspring Ltd.