Yuzu Ponzu can be used in many ways in your dishes. One really easy way is to use it as a dressing. You can make this recipe with any type of cabbage and if you don't have carrots you can always leave that out and add more cabbage.
Ponzu is a soy sauce-based vinegar seasoning, our ponzu contains fresh organic Japanese Yuzu citrus juice. Yuzu is a Japanese citrus fruit, used in many Japanese cuisines as a secret ingredient, different from lemon or lime, yuzu has a very unique flavour which blends beautifully with soya sauce.
Serves - 2 - 4 as a side dish
preparation time - 15min - ( + 30min)
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Yuzu Ponzu
- 1 tsp Clearspring Japanese Pure Toasted Sesame Oil (optional)
- 1 medium size Carrots - grated
- 1/2 Cabbage - grated or finely sliced
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Grate both the carrots and cabbage and then massage it for a few minute to soften. Place something heavy on top and leave to soften further and to extract the excess liquid from the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix the ponzu and toasted sesame oil.
- Squeeze the liquid from the vegetables, place it in a bowl then add the Ponzu dressing and mix well. Let it sit in the fridge for 30min to let it lightly pickle.
- To serve sprinkling the toasted sesame seeds.
All our recipes are 100% vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or gelatine) and refined sugar-free