Quick, simple and delicious - a perfect mid-week meal.
- Clearspring Toasted Sesame Oil, for frying
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 pack baby corn
- 1 handful mange tout
- 1-2tbsp Clearspring Soya Sauce
- 1-2tbsp Clearspring Mikawa Mirin
- Heat a wok and add enough sesame oil to coat the bottom.
- Add the onions. Once these have cooked, add the rest of the vegetables in this order: carrot, red pepper, courgette, baby corn, mange tout, making sure each is cooked before adding the next.
- Add the mirin, and fry for another minute or so.
- Add the shoyu just before serving.
Note: Taste the dish before serving. If you think it needs more seasoning, add more mirin or soya sauce accordingly.
Marijke de Coninck
Marijke De Coninck is Co Director of the International Macrobiotic School. She works as a Macrobiotic teacher, Life Counsellor and Cook in the UK and in Belgium. Her children are running a thriving macrobiotic restaurant in Ghent.
Together with her partner Oliver she is training people to become Macrobiotic Life Counsellors, Cooks and Healing Cooks in an in depth and innovative three year course.
Marijke is a sought after counsellor in the UK and abroad. She is very well known for her unique way of counselling.