The secret of a good Pad Thai is to make a sauce that has a good balance of sweetness and sourness. This recipe combineslime juice, tamarind and rice malt syrup to create that delicious contrast. For the perfect work packed-lunch, take the dressing in a separate pot and pour over the noodle salad just before eating.
Serves 2 - Prep time: 15 mins
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp lime juice (about ½ lime)
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp Clearspring Yaemon Tamari
- 2 tsp Clearspring Rice Malt Syrup
For the Salad
- 100g Clearspring Organic Brown Rice Noodles – rehydrated as per packet instructions
- 1 red pepper – de-seeded and cut into strips
- 2 spring onions – one cut into slices, the other cut into thin strips
- 5 or 6 stalks of coriander – roughly chopped
- ½ red chilli - finely sliced
- ½ block Clearspring Silken Tofu – cut into 1cm cubes
- 20g roasted peanuts* – lightly crushed
- Extra coriander leaves to serve
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl or jam jar and whisk or shake to mix well.
- Mix the noodles, pepper, spring onions, coriander and chili well.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat the noodles.
- Add the tofu and gently mix one last time.
- Garnish with the crushed peanuts and a few extra coriander leaves.
*Make it nut free by substituting half a packet of Clearspring Snack Organic seed mixes in place of the peanuts.
Recipe, photography & styling by Helen Best-Shaw, Fuss Free Flavours, for Clearspring Ltd.