Meeting the most stringent food and environmental standards is central to the Clearspring philosophy to deliver exceptional food to our customers.
Green Office and On-Line Shop Policy
Clearspring constantly strives to minimise our impact on the environment in everything we do. From our journey into work and the materials we use to the energy we source.
Here are some of the things we are passionate about:
- We recycle whenever possible at our offices, working with First Mile, a zero waste to landfill waste contractor for materials that are not collected by the estate services, e.g. kitchen waste.
- Our online shop uses recycled packaging wherever possible and all our packaging is plastic-free as well as re-useable or recyclable. In fact, earlier this year we purchased our own carboard shredder so the bulk of the filling we use is recycled in-house from the cases in which we receive the goods from our warehouse.
- We buy our energy through Good Energy. Our consumption of energy is kept to an absolute minimum, with individually air-conditioned rooms, sensors controlling lighting and instant hot water instead of using kettles.
- We only use recycled paper and card for all our office administration.
- We practise paperless invoicing saving lots of paper, envelopes and stamps.
- We get organic fruit and vegetables delivered straight to our office for delicious and healthy lunches.
- The majority of our staff make use of the easy public transport links to commute. We have bicycle racks and facilitate the charging of electric vehicles.