TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms & conditions (the “Terms”) apply to all participants in the Win JAL Mileage Bank (JMB) 104,000 miles competition (the “Competition”).
- The organiser of the competition is Clearspring Limited, registered address Unit 19a, Acton Park Estate, London, W3 7QE
- By entering the competition you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) and that you consent to the processing of any personal details you submit by Clearspring Limited.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ENTRY
- The competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 and over, as of 1st November 2023.
- Entry to the competition is free of charge.
- The directors, management and employees of Clearspring Limited or any third party involved in the organisation of this competition, as well as their immediate families, are not entitled to participate in the competition.
- Entry into the competition requires the entrant to answer the questions on the competition page and provide their full name and email address.
- Clearspring Limited, at its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant to the competition where it suspects that the entrant has breached any of these Terms.
HOW TO ENTER
- In order to enter the competition, entrants must (i) visit the competition page on Clearspring Limited’s website at www.clearspring.co.uk/pages/clearspring-x-jal-competition and agree with the competition’s Terms & Conditions and meet the eligibility requirements, (ⅱ) complete the competition sign-up requirements which includes answering the competition questions and providing you’re a full name and email address.
- Entries will be accepted from 9:00AM in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) on 1st November 2023 (the “Commencement Date”) to 23:59PM UTC on 15th December 2023 (the “Closing Date”). Only entrants who have signed up to receive email updates from Clearspring Limited and Japan Airlines from the Commencement Date are valid. Those who sign up after the Closing Date will not be valid and will not be accepted. Existing subscribers to Clearspring Limited and Japan Airlines can also enter by completing the entry forms and meeting the eligibility requirements.
- Clearspring Limited shall not be responsible for any entry submission failures caused by technical errors.
DETERMINATION OF WINNERS
- The winners will be determined by Clearspring Limited head office through a random draw of all valid competition entrants, which shall take place no later than - 31 December 2023.
- The winners will be notified via email no later than 30 January 2024.
- The winner will be contacted for confirmation that they accept their prize and for any supporting information or actions that may be required, such as JMB membership number which can be obtained through JAL Website (https://www.jal.co.jp/ukl/en/er/jmb/) free of charge. Failure to provide such information to Clearspring Limited’s satisfaction before 28 February 2024 may result in the prize being forfeited and Clearspring Limited choosing to re-run the selection process to choose an alternative winner.
- Failure to comply with the requirements set out in these Terms may result in a winner being disqualified and an alternative winner being chosen in their place. In addition, Clearspring Limited reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse to award any prize to any winner who has or, is deemed likely to have, violated any term or rule outlined in these Terms, gained unfair advantage or won the competition using fraudulent or unfair means.
- The prize includes 104,000 mileages equivalent for a pair of Economy Class return award tickets (*taxes excluded) from London Heathrow to Tokyo Haneda on Japan Airlines (JAL) operated flights. Mileage can be exchanged into other partner airlines’ award tickets or other available awards on JMB.
*The JAL Mileage Bank (JMB) miles prize does not include the cost of taxes or surcharges, which will need to be paid for by the winner. The winner can however reclaim the cost of taxes and surcharges for the flights claimed as part of this competition from Clearspring Limited, by submitting a valid proof of payment, which details the amount of tax and surcharges paid for two return flights which have been booked under the winner’s name. The maximum contribution from Clearspring Limited to cover taxes and surcharges as part of this competition prize is capped at £1,200.
- The Winner must express their acceptance of the prize within a week of receiving confirmation from Clearspring Limited that they are the winner. Upon accepting the prize, Clearspring will get in contact within two weeks to arrange provision of the prize.
- The prize (104,000 miles) is valid for three years from the time of credit into your account.
- The Winner should have a JAL Mileage Bank membership number. If the winner is not a JMB member, he/she should enroll through the JAL Website (https://www.jal.co.jp/ukl/en/er/jmb/).
- The prize(s) are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be substituted for any other prize or cash value.
- In the event that the winner, for any reason, does not accept the prize or any element thereof, then the prize (or the relevant element) will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that forfeited prize (or the relevant element).
- Clearspring Limited and JAL accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting any prize and advises entrants that independent financial advice should be sought in the event of winning. Any extra activities and costs beyond the specified prize will be the responsibility of the winner, including obtaining travel insurance to cover health care, lost baggage and other related travel costs, transfers and hotel accommodation.
- By accepting a prize, the winner accepts full and complete responsibility for their own safety and welfare at all times and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, agrees that Clearspring Limited shall not be liable or responsible for any risks or damages associated with or arising out of the winner’s acceptance of the prize.
- If you would like to receive a copy of these Terms & Conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All selections and decisions made by Clearspring Limited in conjunction with this competition are final and binding and no discussions will be entered into or correspondences entertained in this regard.
- Clearspring Limited shall be entitled to terminate or modify the competition or these Terms at any time prior to the Closing Date by publishing any such modification or termination on the relevant Clearspring Limited website or otherwise communicating it in writing to entrants.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Clearspring Limited and which prevents Clearspring Limited from complying with or fulfilling any element of these Terms (“Force Majeure Event”), Clearspring Limited will not be liable or responsible in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
- Except in respect of liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for its fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by law, Clearspring Limited will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or claims arising out of or relating to the competition or the use of any prize, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- These Terms and the competition are governed by the laws of England & Wales and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Return to Competition