Granola is great as a breakfast, dessert or snack ingredient. Sprinkle it onto fresh fruit salad and Clearspring fruit purées, mix it with rice milk like a breakfast cereal or enjoy the nutty clusters alone.
Makes around 500g
- 150g rolled oats
- 100g whole almonds
- 4tbsp (heaped) sesame seeds
- 3tbsp (heaped) toasted sunflower seeds
- 30g natural wheat bran
- 5tbsp Clearspring Hazelnut Oil
- 5-6tbsp Clearspring Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 packs Clearspring Organic Seeds, Soya and Cranberry
- 50g raisins
- 150g natural dried fruits and berries
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees C/gas 1.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together in a bowl until the oil and syrup are well incorporated.
- Transfer to a deep baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes stirring once or twice. Allow to cool, then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.
You can add more or less any nuts or grains to granola, simply choose your favourite ones. For a little twist try adding a pinch of powdered cinnamon, ginger or nutmeg to the mix before baking.