Isobeyaki are mochi dipped in soy sauce and wrapped in sheets of nori.They are incredibly easy to make, and tastes delicious.
- 1/2 pack (3 blocks ) Clearspring Organic Japanese Brown Rice Mochi or Clearspring Organic Japanese Brown Rice Black Soya Bean Mochi
- 1 tbsp Clearspring Soya Sauce or Yaemon Tamari
- 1 sheet - Clearspring Sushi Nori
- Cook the Mochi by placing under a hot grill, roasting in a hot oven or heating in a dry pan on medium heat (or if you like, you can add a little sesame oil to the pan). As the mochi heat up they will begin to puff up and crisp on the outside. It should only take roughly 8 – 10 minutes. (Medium to low heat)
- Dip the cooked mochi in a small bowl of tamari. Cut a sheet of nori roughly the width of your mochi and wrap around the rice cake. Seal the nori by wetting the end with a little extra tamari.
Sharing recipes, pictures and tips!