Everyone loves noodles, so this is the kind of recipe I make for friends and family when they’re coming over. It looks beautiful – vibrant and green – and it tastes so fresh thanks to the mint and lime. It’s a great lunchbox option too; just take the dressing in a separate little pot and stir it together when you’re ready to eat.
- 4 portions of Noodles (we use brown rice noodles but you can use whatever you like best; about 80g per person)
- 100g Frozen Edamame Beans
- 1 Cucumber, chopped into bitesize pieces
- 1 Avocado, peeled, stoned and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Handful of Mint Leaves, chopped (about 10g)
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds, toasted
- 1 Tablespoon Black Sesame Seeds (if you don’t have both black and white sesame seeds, you can double the quantity of one of them)
- 100g Cashews, toasted
For The Dressing:
- Place a large saucepan of salted water over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Once boiling, cook the noodles following the instructions on the packet – adding the edamame beans for the last 3 minutes. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water to prevent any further cooking.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Place the cooked noodles and edamame beans in a large mixing bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients.
- Pour over the dressing and stir through before serving. I like to keep back a few cashews, mint leaves and sesame seeds to sprinkle on top.
Ella Mills, founder of Deliciously Ella, is an award-winning cookery author and entrepreneur, and a champion of plant-based living.
Deliciously Ella Quick & Easy: Plant-based Deliciousness