Weekend Buckwheat pancake stack. This is a nutty wholesome breakfast which can be made in no time. Double the ingredients to enjoy with the whole family.
Preparation time - 10 mins
Cooking time - 5 mins
For the topping
- High speed blender (we used Vitamix)
- Place the nuts in the blender and grind to your preferred consistency. We recommend around 5mm pieces to taste the nuts, but they can also be ground finely. Empty the ground nuts into a bowl and set aside. Place the rest of the ingredients into the blender and mix until you get a smooth batter, add the nuts back in and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the apple puree with the lemon juice, nutmeg and cinnamon and set aside.
- Heat a little of the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Pour the mixture straight from your blender (round 1 ladle) and allow to cook. Turn once, when the bubbles rise to the surface of the pancake. Repeat this 6 times (or until the mixture is all finished.)
- Stack your pancakes and top them with the apple puree sauce created in part 2, maple syrup, fresh mint and nuts.
* You can make this with any of our Fruit Puree range.
Recipe created by Lisa Dawson
All our recipes are 100% vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or gelatine) and refined sugar free