The light and fluffy texture of quinoa is a great contrast with the tang of umeboshi and the crunch of radish.
- 236g quinoa
- 500ml water
- a pinch of salt
- 118g broccoli, cut into florets
- 118g carrots, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 118g radishes, sliced whole
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve.
- Place in a pan with water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes until soft, and all the water has evaporated. Allow to cool.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the broccoli and carrots until soft.
- Combine the quinoa with the spring onions, radishes, broccoli and carrots.
- Make the dressing by combining the umeboshi purée, soya sauce, oil and water.
- Mix the dressing into the salad just before serving.
Marijke de Coninck
Marijke De Coninck is Co Director of the International Macrobiotic School. She works as a Macrobiotic teacher, Life Counsellor and Cook in the UK and in Belgium. Her children are running a thriving macrobiotic restaurant in Ghent.
Together with her partner Oliver she is training people to become Macrobiotic Life Counsellors, Cooks and Healing Cooks in an in depth and innovative three year course.
Marijke is a sought after counsellor in the UK and abroad. She is very well known for her unique way of counselling.