This dessert has an elegant, pink colour and smooth, creamy taste that nobody will be able to resist.
- 500g strawberries
- 300g Clearspring Tofu
- 1tbsp tahini
- 125ml Clearspring Malt Rice Syrup
- 3½tbsp Clearspring Agar Flakes
- 125ml apple juice
- Place strawberries, tofu, tahini and rice syrup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In another pan, bring apple juice and agar to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the agar has dissolved.
- Pour apple juice into the blender with the strawberry mixture and blend for a few seconds more.
- Pour mixture into the mould.
- Allow to cool and then refrigerate.
- Serve with a garnish of your choice. (You can add a flower petal, chopped nuts, a piece of red fruit etc.)
Marijke de Coninck
Marijke De Coninck is Co Director of the International Macrobiotic School. She works as a Macrobiotic teacher, Life Counsellor and Cook in the UK and in Belgium. Her children are running a thriving macrobiotic restaurant in Ghent.
Together with her partner Oliver she is training people to become Macrobiotic Life Counsellors, Cooks and Healing Cooks in an in depth and innovative three year course.
Marijke is a sought after counsellor in the UK and abroad. She is very well known for her unique way of counselling.