A rich and colourful risotto to appreciate all year round.
- Bring water to the boil and add the bouillon. Leave on very low heat for later.
- Chop the onion, carrot and fennel finely. Crush the almonds.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion and whole garlic with the skin on.
- Add the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the sake and keep stirring until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add the carrot, fennel, half the almonds and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add one ladle of bouillon to the rice, cook at very low heat whilst stirring continuously. When the bouillon is absorbed, repeat the operation until the rice is cooked to your liking.
- Cover the risotto and leave to rest for a minute.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and garnish with the rest of the crushed almonds and fennel fronds.