This spicy and sour soup is one of Thailand’s most famous soups. It's also delicious easy to make.
- Pour 600-700ml boiling water into a heat resistant glass bowl, add the Shiitake and Maitake and leave to soak for 10-15 minutes
- Finely cut the shallot and grate the ginger and garlic
- Soak the Brown Rice Noodles in water at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Remove the Shiitake and Maitake from the bowl and cut into small pieces. Make sure to keep the stock
- Bring the stock to the boil , add the lime and lemon juice as well as the lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped Shiitake and Maitake, grated ginger and garlic as well as Harrisa.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to let the flavours develop
- Turn off the heat and add white miso
- Drain water from brown rice noodles
- Add the brown rice noodles to the soup and cook on a very low heat for few minutes and serve
- Decorate with a slice of lime and a few springs of coriander (or Harrisa if you prefer)
By Eri Lawley (our International Sales Office Manager)