These Fritters are a delicious quick starter and go well with all sorts of dishes.
These quantities make 20 good size fritters
For the garlic aioli
- 1 cup of blanched almonds or if you prefer cashews) soaked overnight
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. Clearspring sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsps. organic Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Clearspring extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup water, or more if required to reach the desired consistency
- In a large bowl blend all the fritter ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
- Warm a heavy based frying pan and heat the oil over a medium flame.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball, press firmly down on to a work surface and shape into fritters.
- Fry for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Place all the ingredients for the aioli in a high speed blender adding the water slowly, blend until well combined.
For over 30 years Marlene has been actively teaching all aspects of health and wellness. Her dietary advice draws from the fields of macrobiotic nutrition, her studies in Traditional Chinese medicine and common sense. Her favourite saying is 'If you don't look after your body, then where are you going to live'.
Her new book "Macrobiotic for All Seasons" is available on her website: