These Seitan Dumplings are a delicious vegan alternative to regular dumplings. The Seitan (Wheat Gluten) gives them a lovely meaty texture.
Filling (finely chopped):
- 1 small hand full of Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 half Leek
- 1 small bundle of Chives
- 5 Chestnut Mushrooms (marinated with 1tbsp of Lemon Juice)
- 5 Cavolo Nero leaves
- 1/4 Purple Cabbage
- 100g of natural wheat Seitan
Seasoning (mixed together):
Dumpling Dough (Pre-prepared):
Dipping Sauce (mixed together):
- Add finely chopped ingredients to seasoning and mix well. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Put 1 tbsp of filling on dumpling dough and fold the edge of the dumpling dough like an accordion.
- Add some Clearspring Japanese Toasted Sesame Oil to the pan and heat.
- Cook dumplings on a medium heat and add some boiled water to the pan.
- Cover and steam until the water has nearly evaporated.
- Take off the cover, add little bit of Clearspring Japanese Toasted Sesame Oil, and cook for 1-2 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve. Before eating, lightly dip each cooked dumpling in the dipping sauce.
By Eri Lawley (our International Sales Office Manager)