Scrambled Tofu (or Tofu Scramble) is a favourite in our kitchen. It's light to eat, high in protein and very quick and easy to make. Have it for breakfast, brunch or a light lunch or dinner. Clearspring Tofu is a silken soft tofu which works really well with this recipe. We like the wobble soft texture it brings and the key is to not break it down too much or mix it in the pan, to keep an authentic "scramble" consistency.
- a pinch of chilli flakes or powder
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sprouts - alfalfa
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic, cumin and turmeric powder and let it heat up. Once the spices are warm, add the spinach and let it wilt in the pan with the lid on.
- Open the pack of Clearspring Tofu, remove the liquid and crumble it into the pan with your hands. Let that cook, once you see the tofu wobbling in the pan, add a pinch of sea salt, drizzle Clearspring Yaemon Tamari and squeeze fresh lime juice.
- Spread coconut oil on toast or fresh bread. Scoop a generous amount of the scrambled tofu and place it on top of the bread.
- For garnish, sprinkle some chilli flakes, black pepper and fresh coriander. If you want some more acidity, squeeze a little more lime. If you have, add some sprouts, we used alfalfa and cherry tomatoes on the side.
- Enjoy warm.