Fusilli Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
This tasty pasta salad is perfect for a summer picnic or potluck party.
- 220g Clearspring Semi Whole Wheat Fusilli
- 236g green beans, cut into 3-4cm lengths
- 78.5g pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 78.5g pitted, sliced Kalamata olives
- 59g chopped spring onions
- 59g capers
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook the fusilli according to the directions on the pack until ‘al dente', then immediately drain, rinse in a cold water bath, drain and set aside.
- Drop the green beans into boiling, lightly salted water and simmer for about 5 minutes, until just cooked. Drain, plunge into cold water to set the colour, drain and leave to one side.
- Toast the pine nuts in an un-oiled pan over a medium heat, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, add the dressing and mix well. If time allows, let chill for 30 minutes before serving.
John & Jan Belleme
John & Jan Belleme are leading autorities on the healing powers of traditional Japanese foods. Before turning his focus to food and health, John was a research biologist for the Veteran's association in Miami, Florida, and he worked in laboratories at the Universities of Miami Medical School and Harvard University Medical School.
For more than twenty-five years John has applied his background in medical research to interpreting the literature on traditional Japanese medicinal foods.
In 1979, after living and studying in Japan for over a year - where the Bellemes learned the craft of miso making firsthand - they co-founded the American Miso Company, one of the world's largest producers of traditional miso.
Since the 1980s the Bellemes have researched and written, and in many cases illustrated, over 130 published articles on the subject of Japanese foods, including four books: Culinary Treasures of Japan; Cooking with Japanese Foods: A Guide to the Traditional Natural Foods of Japan; Clearspring - The Real Taste of Japan and The Miso Book.
John and Jan travel throughout the eastern United States giving lectures about authentic Japanese foods, and every winter, with partner Sandy Pukel, organise a week-long health cruise that features prominent experts in macrobiotic cooking, healthy living, holistic medicine, yoga, meditation, shiatsu, Pilates, and natural beauty aids. They live in Saluda, North Carolina.
Also in Recipes - Vegan, Macrobiotic & Japanese
Kick-start your day with a Clearspring Organic, 100% Japanese Matcha Shot. A finely ground powder made from the highest quality premium grade green tea leaves, shade grown on a tea garden high in the hills of Uji, Kyoto, Japan, renowned for producing the best Japanese tea.
Matcha’s not only destined to be a drink! Our magical green powder can work its magic when added to your kitchen creations. We have created a delicious on-the-go snack for you.
This Pad Thai recipe is absolutely delicious. I have kept it as close to the original as I could get whilst making sure it is full of only the best unrefined, healthy and nourishing ingredients.